If you have a passion for STEM subjects and you live on social media, you can apply to become the next engineering vlogger and ambassador for Tomorrow’s Engineers Week (TEW).
The week aims to promote engineering careers with young people, particularly girls, and they are looking for someone to start as soon as possible. As an intern, you will receive the London Living Wage of £9.15 per hour.
The paid internship is at the Claremont headquarters in Clerkenwell, London. You will be expected to fund your own travel in, but Claremont can fund your travel expenses if, as part of your work, you travel around the country.
Sounds like this could be something for you?
Your responsibilities would include:
• Building an online community of the target audience (11-14yr old girls) using vlogs (YouTube), live videos (Periscope), images (Instagram) and promoting this activity through Twitter and Facebook.
• Creating, editing and publishing appealing videos, for example:
o Collaborative vlogs with well known vloggers;
o Using Google Keywords and Trends to find out what people are actually searching for/looking for and answering those questions;
o Discussion vox pops asking people on the street relevant engineering questions i.e. “how do you think your shoes are made?” or “what do you think an engineer does?”
o Interviews of key figures in the engineering industry;
o Piece to camera video diaries.
• Acting as a relevant spokesperson for the target audience and advocate for Tomorrow’s Engineers Week.
Ideally, you will:
• Have an interest in engineering: you could be studying STEM subjects at degree or A-Level, be doing an apprenticeship in a STEM industry or have a proven interest in STEM;
• Have an interest in communications;
• Be charismatic and able to build rapport easily;
• Be proactive in building relationships and nurturing your audience;
• Have an established online presence or a strong interest in growing an online community;
• Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills;
• Be self-motivated and resilient;
• Some work with social media is desirable;
• You must be available to work full time from 3 August – 1 September 2015 with most days expected to be in London, with occasional travel in the UK;
• You must also be available to dedicate the equivalent of one day a week in September and October to the campaign and available full-time (or part-time) for the week 2-6 November.
You can download more information in the job spec – Engineering Ambassador and Vlogger by visiting the Claremont website.
Want to apply?
Email your CV with a short covering video explaining why you should get the job by Friday 10 July 2015 at 3pm to [email protected]